Compound semiconductor materials, devices and applications
The Group III-V compound is a kind of important semiconductor material following the silicon which can be applied in microelectronics and optoelectronic applications from the ultraviolet to terahertz band.
www.9778.com-威尼斯9778官方网站 has accumulated rich experience in the research of compound semiconductor materials and devices based on the molecular beam epitaxial system. Established in 1960s, the subject group currently has six researchers, including one foreign member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, one researcher in "1000 Talents Plan" of the
Organization Department of the Central Committee of the CPC, one researcher in the “Hundred Talents” Program of CAS. We also have four assistant research fellows, five research assistants, two postdoctors and 22 doctorate and master candidates. We currently undertake a number of research projects, including one 973 Project as the chief unit, two 973 Projects as the participant unit, one program of
Science Fund For Creative Research Groups of the Natural Science Foundation of China as the chief unit, one program of Science Fund For Creative Research Groups of the Natural Science Foundation of China as the participant unit and one Key Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences as the chief unit.
In the compound semiconductor materials, devices and application, www.9778.com-威尼斯9778官方网站 has prominent international academic status. In 2010, we held the International Conference on Mid-Infrared Optoelectronics for the first time in China. In 2016, we held the 7th International Workshop on Bismuth-Containing Semiconductors for the first time in Asia Pacific. We also obtained the right to host International Molecular Beam Epitaxy Conference in 2018.
Current research focus:
(1) Optoelectronic materials, devices and applications: Focus on materials and devices with clear application background, including Infrared Quantum Cascade Lasers, Semiconductor Quantum Dot Lasers, shortwave infrared photodetector applicatoin in aerospace industry and gas detection, etc.
(2) Microwave, millimeter wave/sub-millimeter wave epitaxial material: Focus on materials applied in ultra high speed microelectronics technology, including heterojunction bipolar transistor material, high electron mobility transistor material, monolithic microwave integrated circuit material and resonant tunneling device material, etc.
(3) Silicon-based III-V integration: Low dislocation density III-V compound semiconductor materials growth on silicon using the IMF method, the growth of InAs quantum dot lasers at room temperature by the growth of GaAs on Germanium, and the growth of the strained Ge film on a variant III-V virtual substrate, etc.
(4) New dilute bismuth infrared material research: The growth of new dilute bismuth infrared material on GaAs, InP and GaSb substrate, focus on the structure and optical properties of the materials, and the development of new dilute bismuth optoelectronic devices.
Future development goals:
(1) With application as the orientation, explore the applications of compound semiconductor devices in the aerospace remote sensing, gas detection and infrared remote sensing, etc.;
(2) Make in-depth research and optimize the microwave, millimeter wave / sub-millimeter wave epitaxial materials, to lay a foundation for China's ultra-high-speed microelectronics technology;
(3) For the applications in silicon-based optoelectronics, carry out research on the silicon/germanium-based new optoelectronic devices;
(4) Carry out research on the new dilute bismuth III-V materials and strive for expanding the international influence in the basic research of the new III-V materials.