Title: Professor & Director
Subject: Wireless communications
Address: 4/F, Building 8, 100 Haike Road, Shanghai 201210, China
Dr. Yang Yang is now a professor with www.9778.com-威尼斯9778官方网站 (SIMIT), Chinese Academy of Sciences, serving as the Director of CAS Key Laboratory of Wireless Sensor Network and Communication, and the Director of Shanghai Research Center for Wireless Communications (WiCO). He is also a Distinguished Adjunct Professor with the School of Information Science and Technology, ShanghaiTech University, serving as a Co-Director of Shanghai Institute of Fog Computing Technology (SHIFT). Prior to these, he has held various faculty positions at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), Brunel University (UK), and University College London (UCL, UK). He received the BEng and MEng degrees from Southeast University, China, in 1996 and 1999, respectively; and the PhD degree from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2002.
Yang is a member of the Chief Technical Committee of the National Science and Technology Major Project “New Generation Mobile Wireless Broadband Communication Networks” (2008-2020), which is funded by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) of China. In addition, he is on the Chief Technical Committee for the National 863 Hi-Tech R&D Program “5G System R&D Major Projects”, which is funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of China. Since January 2017, he has been serving the OpenFog Consortium as the Director for Greater China Region.
Yang’s current research interests include wireless sensor networks, Internet of Things, Fog computing, Open 5G, and advanced wireless testbeds. He has published more than 150 papers and filed over 80 technical patents in wireless communications.
HONORS AND AWARDED RESEARCH FUNDS
In recent years, Yang received the honor as follows:
· First Prize, Technological Innovation Award, China Institute of Communications, China, 2016.
· First Prize, Technological Innovation Award, China Institute of Communications, China, 2015.
· Second Prize, Natural Science Award, China Institute of Communications, China, 2015.
· Second Prize, Shanghai Science and Technology Progress Award, China, 2015.
· Second Prize, Shanghai Science and Technology Progress Award, China, 2012.
· Member, Chief Technical Committee, National Science and Technology Major Projects “New Generation Mobile Wireless Broadband Communication Networks”, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), China, 2012-present
· Member, Chief Technical Committee, National 863 Hi-Tech R&D Program “5G System R&D Major Projects”, Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), China, 2014-present
· Innovative Team Award in Key R&D Areas, Innovative Talent Promotion Program, Ministry of Science and Technology, China, 2013.
· Shanghai Outstanding Academic Leader Award, China, 2013.
· Shanghai 1000-Talent Program Award, China, 2011.
· Shanghai Leading Talent Award, China, 2010.
· Shanghai Pujiang Talent Award, China, 2010.
· Hundred Talent Program Award, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China, 2009.
· UK-China Fellowships for Excellence, Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS), UK, 2008.
· Young Scientist Award, Hong Kong Institution of Science, 2003.
· Best Paper Award, International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, 2012.
· Best Paper Award, International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing, 2010.
· Best Author Award, ITU-T Workshop ICTs: Building the Green City of the Future, 2010.
· Outstanding PhD Thesis Award, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2002.
· Student Travel Grant, ACM SIGCOMM Conference, 2002.
· Second Prize, IEEE Region 10 Postgraduate Student Paper Contest, 2002.
· Honorable Mention, ACM Hong Kong Section Postgraduate Research Day, 2002.
· First Prize, IEEE Hong Kong Section Postgraduate Student Paper Contest, 2001.
· Outstanding Teaching Assistant, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2001.
Yang’s research has been generously sponsored by the government funding bodies and industrial leaders, such as the MOST (China), MIIT (China), NSFC (China), CAS (China), STCSM (China), SHEITC (China), RCUK (UK), EPSRC (UK), TSB (UK), the Royal Society (UK), the Royal Academy of Engineering (UK), EU/FP7, British Telecom, SELEX Galileo, Toshiba, Airbus and Rolls-Royce.
· TT5G: Transmission Technologies for 5G (61461136003), NSFC Key International R&D Collaboration Program (China-Finland), PI, 2015-2017. Collaborators: Southeast University, UESTC, Aalto University, VTT and TTY.
· Energy-Efficient Collaborative Heterogeneous Wireless Networks (61231009), NSFC Key Project Program, PI, 2013-2017. Collaborators: Southeast University and Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
· Testing and Evaluation Technologies for 5G Mobile Communications Technologies (2014AA01A707), MOST 863 Hi-Tech Program, PI, 2014-2016. Collaborators: China Mobile, China Telecom, Huawei, ZTE, Datang Mobile, CATR, SRMC, Nokia, NSN, Anite, and several universities.
· Safety-Oriented Wireless Sensor Networks Technologies for the South-to-North Water Diversion Project of China (2014ZX03005001), National Science and Technology Major Projects “New Generation Mobile Wireless Broadband Communication Networks”, Co-PI, 2014-2015.
· QoS-Guarantee Algorithms for Multi-hop Wireless Mesh Networks (60902041), NSFC, PI, 2010-2012.
· Future Broadband Wireless Access Technologies (2010DFB10410), MOST International S&T Collaboration Program (China-Finland), PI, 2010-2012. Collaborators: ZTE, Datang Mobile, Potevio, Nokia, NSN, and several universities.
· UK-China Science Bridges: R&D on (B)4G Wireless Mobile Communications (EP/G042713/1), RCUK and EPSRC, Co-PI, 2009-2012.
· Wireless Relay Technology and Multimedia Traffic Analysis for LTE TDD Systems (2009DFB13080), MOST International S&T Collaboration Program (China-UK), PI, 2009-2011. Collaborators: UCL, British Telecom, and Mobile VCE.
· A Wireless Testing and Evaluation Platform for IMT-Advanced Key Technologies (2009ZX03003009), National Science and Technology Major Projects “New Generation Mobile Wireless Broadband Communication Networks”, PI, 2009-2010. Collaborators: China Telecom, Huawei, ZTE, Datang Mobile, and several universities.
· CONET: Cooperating Objects Network of Excellence (FP7-2007-2-224053), EU/FP7 program, 2008-2012.
· WIDAGATE: Wireless Data Acquisition in Gas Turbine Engine Testing (TS/G002614/1), Technology Strategy Board (TSB), Co-PI, 2008-2011. Collaborators: Rolls-Royce, SELEX Galileo and University of Strathclyde.
· Cognitive and Intelligent Wireless Networks, Toshiba Research Lab, PI, 2008-2011.
· Wireless Broadband Multimedia Services over WiMAX Networks, British Telecom, PI, 2007-2011.
· Data Fusion and Sensor Web Enablement Technologies for Supporting Different Wireless Sensor Network Services and Applications, British Telecom, PI, 2007-2011.
· Static Sensor Networks for Surveillance and Monitoring Applications, SELEX Galileo, PI, 2007-2011
· Efficient and Reliable Wireless Communication Algorithms for Active Flow Control and Skin Friction Drag Reduction (EP/F004532/1), EPSRC and Airbus “The Active Aircraft” program, PI, 2007-2008.
· Control Methods for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, British Telecom, PI, 2005-2008.
· Interact China: Research and Development of B3G Mobile Communications (EP/C518861/1), EPSRC, PI, 2005.
· Professor, February 2010 ~ present
www.9778.com-威尼斯9778官方网站 (SIMIT), CAS, China
Director, Shanghai Research Center for Wireless Communications (since February 2012)
Director, Key Laboratory of Wireless Sensor Network and Communication (since March 2016)
· Professor, November 2013 ~ January 2016 (on leave from SIMIT)
School of Information Science and Technology, ShanghaiTech University, China
· Senior Lecturer in Telecommunications, October 2009 ~ January 2010
Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
University College London, UK.
· Lecturer in Telecommunications, March 2005 ~ September 2009
Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
University College London, UK.
· Lecturer in Communication Networks, August 2003 ~ February 2005
Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering,
Brunel University, UK.
· Assistant Professor, August 2002 ~ August 2003
Department of Information Engineering,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China.
· Ph.D. in Information Engineering, September 1999 ~ July 2002
Department of Information Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
· M.Eng. in Communications and Electronic Systems, September 1996 ~ March 1999
National Mobile Communications Research Laboratory, Southeast University, China
· B.Eng. in Radio Engineering, September 1992 ~ July 1996
Department of Radio Engineering, Southeast University, China
· “Open 5G Platform”, IEEE 5G Tutorial and 5G Summit Shanghai, July 27, 2017
· “5G and Fog”, IEEE Compsac 2017, “Fog Computing and Networking Workshop”, Turin, Italy, July 4, 2017
· “Fog Computing for 5G/IoT Technology Development”, Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2017, June 28, 2017
· “Fog Computing for 5G/IoT Development”, IEEE ICC 2017, Paris, France, 21 May, 2017
 Y. Yang, J. Xu, G. Shi, CX. Wang, “5G Wireless Systems: Simulation and Evaluation Techniques”, Springer, 2017.
 X. Cheng, C. Chen, W. Zhang and Y. Yang, "5G-Enabled Cooperative Intelligent Vehicular(5GenCIV) Framework:When Benz Meets Marconni," IEEE Intelligent Systems, Mar.2017
 X. W, CX. W, J. Sun, J. Huang, R. Feng, Y. Yang and X. Ge, “60 GHz Millimeter-Wave Channel Measurements and Modeling for Indoor Office Environments,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. PP, no.99, pp.1-1, Feb.2017, DOI: 10.1109/TAP.2017.2669721
 Y. Liu, A. Ghazal, CX. Wang, X. Ge, Y. Yang and Y. Zhang, “Channel Measurements and Models for High-Speed Train Wireless Communication Systems in Tunnel Scenarios: A Survey,” SCIENCE CHINA Information Sciences, Feb.2017, DOI: 10.1007/s11432-016-9014-3
 W. Fang, W. Zhang, Y. Yang, Y. Liu and W. Chen, “A Resilient Trust Management Scheme for Defending against Reputation Time-Varying Attacks based on BETA Distribution,” SCIENCE CHINA Information Sciences, Feb.2017, DOI: 10.1007/s11432-016-9028-0
 J. Xu, X. Yan, Y. Zhu, J. Wang, Y. Yang, X. Ge, G. Mao and T. Olav, “Statistical Analysis of Path Losses for Sectorized Wireless Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. PP, no.99, pp.1-1, Jan.2017, DOI: 10.1109/TCOMM.2017.2657761
 Y. Yang, C. Zhao, S. Yao, W. Zhang, X. Ge and G. Mao, “Delay Performance of Network-Coding-Based Epidemic Routing,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.65, no.5, pp.3676-3684, May.2016, DOI: 10.1109/TVT.2015.2433263
 X. Yan, J. Xu, Y. Zhu, J. Wang, Y. Yang and CX. Wang, “Downlink Average Rate and SINR Distribution in Cellular Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol.64, no.2, pp.847-862, Feb.2016, DOI: 10.1109/TCOMM.2015.2511014
 X. Ge, Y. Qiu, J. Chen, M. Huang, H. Xu, J. Xu, W. Zhang, Y. Yang, CX. Wang and J. Thompson, “Wireless fractal cellular networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol.23, no.5, pp.110-119, Oct.2016, DOI: 10.1109/MWC.2016.7721749
 H. Xu, W. Zhang and Y. Yang, “Channel measurement and modeling for the 15-GHz radio band in an indoor corridor environment,” Journal of Communications and Information Networks, vol.1, no.2, pp.102-108, 2016
 X. Yan, J. Xu, Y. Zhu, Y. Yang and J. Wang, ”Distribution of Downlink Inter-cell Interference Based on Gaussian Mixture Model”, Journal of Electronics & Information Technology, vol.38, no.10, pp.2598-2604, Oct.2016, DOI: 10.11999/JEIT151459
 K. Li, J. Xu and Y. Yang, “System Simulation Modeling and Key Technology Evaluation in 5G,” ZTE technology journal, vol.22, no.3, pp.41-46, Jun.2016, DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1009-6868.2016.03.009
 Y. Yang, G. Song, W. Zhang, X. W, X. Ge and CX. Wang, “Neighbor-Aware Multiple Access Protocol for 5G mMTC Applications,” China Communications, vol.13, no.2z, pp.80-88, 2016
 Y. Wu, S. Yao, Y. Yang, T. Zhou and H. Qian, “Challenges of Mobile Social Device Caching,” IEEE ACCESS, vol.4, pp.8938-8947, Dec.2016, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2016.2633485
 Y. Li, T. Zhou, Y. Yang, H. Hu and M. Hamalainen, “Fair Downlink Traffic Management for Hybrid LAA-LTE/Wi-Fi Networks,” IEEE ACCESS, vol. pp, no.99, pp.1-1, Dec.2016, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2016.2642121
 CX. Wang, Y. Yang and et. al., “Dimension Boundary between Finite and Infinite Random Matrices in Cognitive Radio Networks,” IEEE Communication Letters, Nov.2016
 X. Ge, H. Cheng, G. Mao, Y. Yang and S. Tu, “Vehicular Communications for 5G Cooperative Small-Cell Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.65, no.10, pp.7882-7894, Oct.2016, DOI: 10.1109/TVT.2016.2539285
 X. Ge, J. Ye, Y. Yang and Q. Li, “User Mobility Evaluation for 5G Small Cell Networks Based on Individual Mobility Model,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol.34, no.3, pp.528-541, Mar.2016, DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2016.2525439
 X. Ge, M. Huang, J. Chen, H. Xu, J. Xu, W. Zhang and Y. Yang, “Wireless Single Cellular Coverage Boundary Models,” IEEE Access, vol.4, pp.3569-3577, Jan.2016, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2016.2582960
 C. Zhao, W. Zhang, Y. Yang, and S. Yao, “Treelet-Based Clustered Compressive Data Aggregation for Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.64, no.9, pp.4257-4267, Sep.2015, DOI: 10.1109/TVT.2014.2361250
 C. Zhao, S. Yao, and Y. Yang, “Competition avoidance policy for network coding based Epidemic routing,” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics Communications and Computer Sciences, vol. E98-A, No.09, pp.1985-1989, Sep.2015, DOI: 10.1587/transfun.E98.A.1985
 H. Liu, Y. Yang, X. Yang, W. Zhang and G. Song, "Semi-distributed Resource Allocation for Dense Small Cell Networks," IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, vol. E98-A, no.5, pp.1140-1143, May.2015, DOI: 10.1587/transfun.E98.A.1140
 Y. Yang, G. Song, K. Wei, W. Zhang and X. You, "ACK-based Adaptive Backoff for Random Access Protocols," Science China Information Sciences, vol.58, no.4, pp.1-14, Apr.2015, DOI: 10.1007/s11432-014-5185-6
 Z. Hu, Y. Zhu, J. Xu, J. Wang and Y. Yang, “Distributed Weighted Sum Rate Maximization with Multi-cell Uplink Downlink Throughput Duality,” EURASIP Journal on Advanced Signal Processing, vol.2015, no.31, pp.1-16, Mar.2015, DOI: 10.1186/s13634-015-0213-2
 H. Qian, S. Cai, S. Yao, T. Zhou, Y. Yang, and W. Xiang, "On the Benefit of DMT Modulation in Nonlinear VLC systems," Optics Express, vol.23, no.3, pp.2618-2632, Feb.2015, DOI: 10.1364/OE.23.002618
 Z. Hu, Y. Zhu, J. Xu and Y. Yang, “Bregman-based Inexact Excessive Gap Method for Multiservice Resource Allocation,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol.14, no.2, pp.1115-1130, Feb. 2015, DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2014.2364573
 K. Wei, W. Zhang, Y. Yang and X. Yang, “Quasi-random Backoff (QRB): A Novel High Efficiency Distributed Backoff Protocol,” ICIC Express Letters, Part B: Application, vol.6, no.1, Jan.2015
 Y. Yang, W. Zhang, K. Wei and X. Yang, “Power reduction for mobile devices by deploying low-power base stations,” IET Communications, vol.8, no.18, pp.3372-3380, Dec.2014, DOI: 10.1049/iet-com.2013.1117
 T. Han, Y. Yang, X. Ge and G. Mao, “Mobile converged networks: framework, optimization, and challenges,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol.21, no.6, pp.34-40, Dec.2014, DOI: 10.1109/MWC.2014.7000969
 K. Wei, W. Zhang, Y. Yang, G. Song and Z. Zhang, “Battery-Aware Task Scheduling for Energy Efficient Mobile Devices,” IEICE Transactions On Fundamentals Of Electronics Communications And Computer Sciences, vol. E97A, no.9, pp.1971-1974, Sep.2014, DOI: 10.1587/transfun.E97.A.1971
 P. Lv, X. Wang, Y. Yang and M. Xu, “Network virtualization for smart grid communications,” IEEE Systems Journal, vol.8, no.2, pp.471-482, Jun.2014, DOI: 10.1109/JSYST.2013.2260695
 J. Xu, J. Wang, Y. Zhu, Y. Yang, X. Zheng, S. Wang, L. Liu, K. Horneman and Y. Teng, “Cooperative Distributed Optimization for the Hyper-dense Small Cell Deployment,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol.52, no.5, pp.61-67, May.2014, DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2014.6815894
 Y. Tang, J. Xiong, Y. Xi and Y. Yang, “On the Secrecy Rate of Limited Feedback Beamforming over Multiple-Input Single-Output Wiretap Channels,” China Communications, vol.11, no.3, pp.118-124, Mar.2014
 CX. Wang, F. Haider, X. Gao, X. You, Y. Yang, D. Yuan, H. Aggoune, H. Haas, S. Fletcher and E. Hepsaydir, “Cellular Architecture and Key Technologies for 5G Wireless Communication Networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol.52, no.2, pp.122-130, Feb.2014, DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2014.6736752
 X. Dai, P. E. Omiyi, K. Bür and Y. Yang, “Interference-aware convergecast scheduling in wireless sensor/actuator networks for active airflow control applications,” Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing, vol.14, no.3, pp.396-408, Feb.2014, DOI: 10.1002/wcm.2190.
 Y. Zhu, J. Xu, J. Wang, and Y. Yang, “Statistical analysis of inter-cell interference in uplink OFDMA networks with soft frequency reuse,” EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol.2013, no.96, pp.1- 12, Dec.2013, DOI: 10.1186/?1687-6180-2013-96.
 J. Zhang, X. Ge, X. Li, G. Mao and Y. Yang, “Analysis of the Uplink Maximum Achievable Rate with Location-Dependent Intercell Signal Interference Factors Based on Linear Wyner Model,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.62, no.9, pp.4615-4628, Nov.2013, DOI: 10.1109/TVT.2013.2265780
 X. Shen, X. Cheng, R. Zhang, B. Jiao and Y. Yang, "Distributed Congestion Control Approaches for the IEEE 802.11p Vehicular Networks," IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine, vol.5, no.4, pp.50-61, winter 2013, DOI: 10.1109/MITS.2013.2279176
 R. Zhang, X. Cheng, Q. Yao, C-X. Wang, Y. Yang and B. Jiao, “Interference Graph-Based Resource Sharing Schemes for Vehicular Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.62, no.8, pp.4028-4039, Oct.2013, DOI:10.1109/TVT.2013.2245156
 Y. Liao, X. Dai, G. Liu, Y. Yang and S. Yang, “Fault detection and eigenstructure optimization in IEEE 802.11 wireless sensor actuator networks for building automation,” International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 793-808, Sep.2013, DOI: 10.1002/acs.2359
 G. Mao, Z. Lin, X. Ge and Y. Yang, “Towards a Simple Relationship to Estimate the Capacity of Static and Mobile Wireless Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol.12, no.12, pp.3883-3895, Aug.2013, DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2013.-71113.121276
 X. Dai, JE. Mitchell, Y. Yang and et. al., “Development and validation of a simulator for wireless data acquisition in gas turbine engine testing,” IET Wireless Sensor Systems, vol.3, no.3, pp.183-192, Aug.2013, DOI: 10.1049/iet-wss.2012.0064
 X. Dai, W. Zhang, J. Xu, J. E. Mitchell and Y. Yang, “Kalman Interpolation Filter for Channel Estimation of LTE Downlink in High-mobility Environments,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communication and Networking, vol.2012, no.232, pp.1-14, Dec.2012, DOI:10.1186/?1687-1499-2012-232
 X. Zheng, J. Xu, J. Wang, Y. Yang, X. Zheng, Y. Teng, and K. Horneman, “McPAO: A Distributed Multi-channel Power Allocation and Optimization Algorithm for Femtocells,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol.17, no.5, pp.648-661, Oct.2012, DOI: 10.1007/s11036-012-0407-x
 Y. Jiang, H. Hu, Y. Yang and H. H. Chen, “Signal Representation: Wireless Applications in a Statistical Spectrum Domain,” IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, vol.7, no.4, pp.88-94, Dec.2012, DOI: 10.1109/MVT.2012.2203886
 W. Zhang, Y. Chen, Y. Yang, X. Wang, Y. Zhang, X. Hong and G. Mao, “Multi-hop Connectivity Probability in Infrastructure-based Vehicular Networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol.30, no.4, pp.740-747, May.2012, DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2012.120508
 T. Chen, Y. Yang, H. Zhang, H. Kim and K. Horneman, “Network energy saving technologies for green wireless access networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol.18, no.5, pp.30-38, Oct.2011, DOI: 10.1109/MWC.2011.6056690
 S. C. Ng, W. Zhang, Y. Zhang, Y. Yang, and G. Mao, “Analysis of Access and Connectivity Probabilities in Vehicular Relay Networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol.29, no.1, pp.140-150, Jan.2011, DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2011.110114
 C. K. Chau, F. Qin, S. Sayed, M. H. Wahab, and Y. Yang, “Harnessing Battery Recovery Effect in Wireless Sensor Networks: Experiments and Analysis,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol.28, no.7, pp.1222-1232, Sep.2010, DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2010.100926
 K. Bur, P. Omiyi, and Y. Yang, “Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks: Enabling the Nervous System of the Active Aircraft,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol.48, no.7, pp.118-125, Jul.2010, DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2010.5496888
 X. Ge, C. Wang, Y. Yang, L. Shu, C. Liu and L. Xiang, “AFSO: An Adaptative Frame Size Optimization Mechanism for 802.11 Networks,” KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, vol.4, no.3, pp.205-223, Jun.2010, DOI: 10.3837/tiis.2010.06.001
 G. Yuan, R. Grammenos, Y. Yang, and W. Wang, “Performance Analysis of Selective Opportunistic Spectrum Access with Traffic Prediction,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.59, no.4, pp.1949-1955, May.2010, 10.1109/TVT.2009.2039155
 H. Griffiths, K. Tong and Y. Yang, “Charles K. Kao and Other Telecommunication Pioneers,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol.48, no.3, pp.S20-S27, Mar.2010, DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2010.5434374
 G. Yuan, X. Zhang, Y. Yang, and W. Wang, “Carrier Aggregation for LTE-Advanced Mobile Communication Systems,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol.48, no.2, pp.88-93, Feb.2010, DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2010.5402669
 H. Hu, J. Zhang, X. Zheng, Y. Yang, and P. Wu, “Self-Configuration and Self-Optimization for LTE Networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol.48, no.2, pp.94-100, Feb.2010, DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2010.5402670
 S. Sayed, Y. Yang, and J. Xu, “BTAC: A Busy Tone Based Cooperative MAC Protocol for Wireless Local Area Networks,” ACM Mobile Networks and Applications, vol.16, no.1, pp.4-16, Jan.2010, DOI: 10.1007/s11036-010-0267-1
 Y. Yang, H. Hu, J. Xu, and G. Mao, “Relay Technologies for WiMAX and LTE-Advanced Mobile Systems,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol.47, no.10, pp.100-105, Oct.2009, DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2009.5273815
 X. Ge, Y. Yang, C. X. Wang, Y. Z. Liu, C. Liu, and L. Xiang, “Characteristics Analysis and Modeling of Frame Traffic in 802.11 Wireless Networks,” Journal of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing(WCMC), vol.10, no.4, pp.584-592, Oct.2009, DOI: 10.1002/wcm.850
 Y. Chen, J. Chen, and Y. Yang, “Multi-hop Delay Performance in Wireless Mesh Networks,” ACM Mobile Networks and Applications, vol.13, no.1-2, pp.160-168, Apr.2008, DOI: 10.1007/s11036-008-0036-6
 F. Huang, Y. Yang and L. He, “A Flow Based Network Monitoring Framework for Wireless Mesh Networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol.14, no.5, pp.48-55, Oct.2007, DOI: 10.1109/MWC.2007.4396942
 Y. Yang, F. Huang, X. Gu, X. Zhang, M. Guizani, and H. H. Chen, “Double Sense Multiple Access for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks,” Computer Networks (Elsevier), vol.51, no.14, pp.3978-3988, Oct.2007, DOI: 10.1016/j.comnet.2007.04.016
 Y. Yang, H. Wu, and H. H. Chen, “SHORT: Shortest Hop Routing Tree for Wireless Sensor Networks,” International Journal of Sensor Networks, vol.2, no.5/6, pp.368-374, Jul.2007, DOI: 10.1504/IJSNET.2007.014360
 L. P. Wang, Y. Yang, H. H. Chen and Y. H. Song, “On the Variable Capacity Property of CC/DS-CDMA Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.55, no.3, pp.774-778, May.2006, DOI: 10.1109/TVT.2006.873817
 Y. Yang, H. F. Yuan, H. H. Chen, W. B. Yao, and Y. H. Song, “Traffic Agents for Improving QoS in Mixed Infrastructure and Ad Hoc Modes Wireless LAN,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol.2006, Article ID 94235, 7 pages, Mar.2006, DOI: 10.1155/WCN/2006/94235
 H. H. Chen, Y. C. Yeh, X. Zhang, A. Huang, Y. Yang, J. Li, Y. Xiao, H. R. Sharif, and A. J. Han Vinck, “Generalized pairwise complementary codes with set-wise uniform interference-free windows ,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol.24, no.1, pp.65~74, Jan.2006, DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2005.858878
 Y. Yang and T. S. P. Yum, “Analysis of Power Ramping Schemes for UTRA-FDD Random Access Channel,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol.4, no.6, pp.2688~2693, Nov.2005, DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2005.857993
 Y. Yang and T. S. P. Yum, “Multicode multirate compact assignment of OVSF codes for QoS differentiated terminals,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.54, no.6, pp.2114~2124, Nov.2005, DOI: 10.1109/TVT.2005.858166
 T. Jiang, Y. Yang, and Y. H. Song, “Exponential Companding Technique for PAPR Reduction in OFDM Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol.51, no.2, pp.244~248, Jun.2005, DOI: 10.1109/TBC.2005.847626
 Y. Yang and T. S. P. Yum, “Maximally flexible assignment of orthogonal variable spreading factor codes for multirate traffic,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol.3, no.3, pp.781-792, May.2004, DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2004.827765
 Y. Yang and T. S. P. Yum, “Analysis of Random Access Channel in UTRA-TDD on AWGN Channel,” International Journal of Communication Systems, vol.17, no.3, pp.179-192, Apr.2004, DOI: 10.1002/dac.653
 Y. Yang and T. S. P. Yum, “Delay Distributions of Slotted ALOHA and CSMA,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol.51, no.11, pp.1846-1857, Nov.2003, DOI: 10.1109/TCOMM.2003.819201