Born in 1970 in Jilin, Ph.D in condensed matter physics, professor of Shanghai institute of microsystem and information technology, Chinese academy of sciences. Member of” laboratory of functional materials for informatics” and “center for excellence superconductor electronics”.
Sept. 1996 - July 1999
Changchun Institute of physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P.R.China
Ph.D. in Optoelectronic material and physics
Sept. 1993 - July 1996
State key Laboratory of integrated Optoelectronics, Jilin University, P.R.China
M.S. in Semiconductor physics and physics of semiconductor device
Sept. 1989 - July 1993
Jilin University, Changchun, P.R.China
B.S. in Semiconductor physics and physics of semiconductor device
Shanghai institute of microsystem and information technology. Chinese academy of sciences. (Associate professor: April.2002—Dec.2007; professor: Jan. 2008 — present )
2DMs growth and characterization for electronics device applications, including graphene and MoS2 layers and heterostructures.
HVPE growth of GaN based material and characterization for high quality substrate applications.
Sep. 1999—March 2002
Chiba Univ.-Venture business Laboratory, Japan. (worked as a postdoctor)
GaN related material MBE and MOCVD growth and characterization, LED device fabrication
Sep. 1996—July 1999
Changchun Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P.R.China
Photoelectronic characteristics of ZnCdSe-ZnSe multi- superlattices structures
Aug. 1997 – July 1999
Changchun Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P.R.China
Exciton processes and optoelectronics characteristics study of ZnCdSe-ZnSe multi-superlattice structures, which will be applied in the multi-color light emission, photodetector and electrooptical modulator.
Sep. 1993 – July 1996
Researches of monolithic 1.55?m InGaAsP mode-locked quantum well Colliding Pulse Mode-locked Laser Diode (CPM-LD) and Traveling Wave Amplifier (TWA). I concentrated on the fabrication of Double-channel Planer Buried-Heterostructure （DC-PBH） structure by liquid phase Epitaxy (LPE), device processing and the performances measurement.
Honors: Nanohana Venture competition (2001), Chiba University, Japan.
1. Y.H. Zhang, Z.Y. Chen, X.M. Ge, Y.J. Liang, S.K. Hu, Y.P. Sui, G.H. Yu*, A waterless cleaning method of the Cu foil for CVD graphene growth, Materials Letters 211,258–260 (2018)
2. Songang Peng, Zhi Jin, Dayong Zhang Jingyuan Shi, Yanhui Zhang and,Guanghui Yu, Evidence of electric field-tunable tunneling probability in graphene and metal contact, Nanoscale, 9, 9520 (2017)
3. Yanhui Zhang, Haoran Zhang, Zhiying Chen, Xiaoming Ge, Yijian Liang, Shike Hu, Rongxuan Deng, Yan-ping, Sui, and Guang-hui Yu*, Stripe distribution on graphene-coated Cu surface and its effect on oxidation and corrosion resistance of grapheme, Journal of Applied Physics 121, 245306 (2017);
4. Rongxuan Deng, Haoran Zhang, Yanhui Zhang, Zhiying Chen, Yanping Sui, Xiaoming Ge, Yijian Liang, Shike Hu, Guanghui Yu*, Da Jiang*, Graphene/Mo2C heterostructure directly grown by chemical vapor deposition, Chin. Phys. B. 2017, 26 (6): 067901
5. Song-ang Peng, Zhi Jin, Da-yong Zhang, Jing-yuan Shi, Shao-qing Wang, Da-cheng Mao, Shao-qing Wang, and Guang-hui Yu, "Carrier-Number-Fluctuation Induced Ultralow 1/f Noise Level in Top-Gated Graphene Field Effect Transistor," ACS Applied Materials and Interface, 9, 6661-6665, (2017)
6. Haoran Zhang, Yaqian Zhang, c Yanhui Zhang, Zhiying Chen, Yanping Sui, Xiaoming Ge, Rongxuan Deng, Guanghui Yu,* Zhi Jin and Xinyu Liu, Realizing controllable graphene nucleation by regulating the competition of hydrogen and oxygen during chemical vapor deposition heating, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 18, 23638-23642, 2016.
7. 200 GHz Maximum Oscillation Frequency in CVD Graphene Radio Frequency Transistors"， Wu, Yun; Zou, Xuming; Sun, Menglong; Cao , Zhengyi; Wang, Xinran; Huo, Shuai; Zhou, Jianjun ; Yang, Yang; Yu, Xinxin; Kong, Yuechan; Yu, Guanghui; Liao, Lei; Chen, Tangsheng，ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 8, 25645,（2016）
8. X.M. Ge, Y.H. Zhang, Z.Y. Chen, H.R. Zhang, L. He, Y.P. Sui, R.X. Deng, G H Yu *, Effects of Cu substrate surface fluctuations on grapheme during transfer, Materials Letters 185, 156–160 (2016).
9. Chen Z Y, Ge X M, Zhang H R, Zhang Y H, Sui Y P, Yu G H*, Jin Z, Liu X Y. High pressure-assisted transfer of ultraclean chemical vapor deposited graphene. Appl. Phys. Lett. 108, 132106 (2016).
10. Haoran Zhang, Yanhui Zhang, Yaqian Zhang, Zhiying Chen, Yanping Sui, Xiaoming Ge, Guanghui Yu*, Zhi Jin, and Xinyu Liu, Edge morphology evolution of graphene domains during chemical vapor deposition cooling revealed through hydrogen etching，Nanoscale, 8, 4145-4150, (2016)
11. Chunmiao Tang, Zhiying Chen, Haoran Zhang, Yaqian Zhang, Yanhui Zhang, Yanping Sui, Guanghui Yu* , Yijiang Cao, Enhancement of the Electrical Properties of CVD-Grown Graphene with Ascorbic Acid Treatment, Journal of Electronic Materials, Volume 45, Issue 2, pp 1160-1164, (2016)
12. Yanhui Zhang, Haoran Zhang, Feng Li, Haibo Shu **, Zhiying Chen, Yanping Sui, Yaqian Zhang, Xiaoming Ge, Guanghui Yu*,, Zhi Jin, Xinyu Liu, Invisible growth of microstructural defects in graphene chemical vapor deposition on copper foil. Carbon 96, 237-242. (2016)
13. Y. Q. Zhang, H. R. Zhang, Y. H. Zhang, Z. Y. Chen, C. M. Tang, Y. P. Sui, B. Wang, X. L. Li, X. M. Xie, G. H. Yu*, Z. Jin and X. Y. Liu. Undulate Cu(111) Substrates: A Unique Surface for CVD Graphene Growth. Journal of Electronic Materials 44(10): 3550-3555. (2015)
14. Song-ang Peng, Zhi Jin, Ma Peng, Da-yong Zhang, Jing-Yuan Shi, Xuan-yun Wang, Shao-qing Wang, Li Mei, Xin-yu Liu and Guang-hui Yu. Effect of source-gate spacing on direct current and radio frequency characteristic of graphene field effect transistor. Applied Physics Letters 106(3). (2015)
15. Haoran Zhang, Yanhui Zhang, Bin Wang, Zhiying Chen, Yaqian Zhang, Yanping Sui, Guanghui Yu*, Zhi Jin and Xinyu Liu, Stripe distributions of graphene-coated Cu foils and their effects on the reduction of graphene wrinkles, RSC Adv., 5, 96587,（2015）
16. Zhi-De Zhao, BinWang, WeiXu, Hao-RanZhang, Zhi-YingChen, Guang-Hui Yu*, Hydride vapor phase epitaxy of GaN on self-organized patterned graphene masks, Materials Letters , pp. 152-154, (2015)
17. . Yanping Sui, Bo Zhu, Haoran Zhang, Haibo Shu, Zhiying Chen, Yanhui Zhang,Yaqian Zhang, Bin Wang, Chunmiao Tang, Xiaoming Xie, Guanghui Yu*, Zhi Jin, Xinyu Liu, Temperature-dependent nitrogen configuration of N-doped graphene by chemical vapor deposition, Carbon, 81,814-820, (2015)
18. 2. Haoran Zhang, Yanhui Zhang, Bin Wang, Zhiying Chen, Yanping Sui, Yaqian Zhang, ChunMiao Tang, Bo Zhu, Xiaoming Xie, Guanghui Yu*, Zhi Jin and Xinyu Liu, Effect of Hydrogen in Size-Limited Growth of Graphene by Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition, Journal of Electronic Materials. 44, pp 79-86,( 2015)
19. Song-ang Peng, Zhi Jin*, Peng Ma, Dayong Zhang, Jingyuan Shi, Jiebin Niu, Xuanyun Wang, Shaoqing Wang, Mei Li, Xinyu Liu, Tianchun Ye, Yanhui Zhang, Zhiying Chen, Guanghui Yu, The sheet resistance of graphene under contact and its effect on the derived specific contact resistivity， Carbon, 82, PP 500–505, (2015)
20. Z.Y. Chen, Y.H. Zhang, H.R. Zhang, Y.P. Sui, Y.Q. Zhang, G.H. Yu*, “Improved Carrier Mobility of CVD-Graphene by Counter-Doping with Hydrazine Hydrate” Appl. Phys. Lett. 106（9）：091602，(2015)
21. Zhi Jin; Peng Ma; Shaoqing Wang; Songang Peng; Dayong Zhang; Jingyuan Shi; Jiebin Niu; Guanghui Yu; Xuanyun Wang; Mei Li, Hydroxyl-free buffered dielectric for graphene field-effect transistors, Carbon, 86, pp 264-271, (2015)
22. B. Wang, Z.D. Zhao, W. Xu, Y.P. Sui, G.H. Yu*，Effects of surface stoichiometry of seeds on GaN layer growth by hydride vapour phase epitaxy，Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 17, 11193 - 11197,( 2015).
23. Da Jiang, Tao Hu, Lixing You, Qiao Li, Ang Li, Haomin Wang, Gang Mu, Zhiying Chen, Haoran Zhang, Guanghui Yu, Jie Zhu, Qiujuan Sun, Chengtian Lin, Hong Xiao, Xiaoming Xie*, and Mianheng Jiang, High-Tc superconductivity in ultrathin Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+x down to half-unit-cell thickness by protection with graphene, Nature communication, 5:5708 doi: 10.1038/ncomms6708, (2014)
24. Bin Wang, Hao-Ran Zhang, Yan-Hui Zhang, Zhi-Ying Chen, Zhi Jin, Xin-Yu Liu, Li-Zhong Hu, Guang-Hui Yu*, Effect of Cu substrate roughness on growth of graphene domains at atmospheric pressure, Materials Letters, 131, P138–140,( 2014)
25. Z.Y.Chen, Y.H.Zhang, H.R.Zhang, Y.P.Sui, Y.Q.Zhang, G.H.Yu*, Z.Jin, X.Y.Liu, Probing graphene grainboundaries and enhancing the electrical properties of graphene films by Pt modification Materials Letters，131，P53–56. (2014)
26. Bin Wang, Yanhui Zhang, Haoran Zhang, Zhiying Chen, Xiaoming Xie, Yanping Sui, Xiaoliang Li, Guanghui Yu*, Lizhong Hu, Zhi Jin, Xinyu Liu, “Wrinkle-dependent hydrogen etching of chemical vapor deposition-grown graphene domains”, Carbon 70, PP 75-80,( 2014)
27. Y.H. Zhang, B. Wang, H.R. Zhang, Z.Y. Chen, Y.Q. Zhang, B. Wang, Y.P. Sui, X.L. Li, X.M. Xie, G.H. Yu*, Z. Jin, X.Y. Liu, “The distribution of wrinkles and their effects on the oxidation resistance of chemical vapor deposition graphene”, Carbon 70, PP 81–86, (2014).
28. Y. H. Zhang, H. R. Zhang, B. Wang, Z. Y. Chen, Y. Q. Zhang, B. Wang, Y. P. Sui, B. Zhu, C. M. Tang, X. L. li, X.M. Xie, G. H. Yu*, Z. Jin, and X. Y. Liu. Role of wrinkles in the corrosion of graphene domain-coated Cu surfaces, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 143110,( 2014)
29. Z.D. Zhao, B. Wang, Y.P. Sui, W. Xu, X.L. Li,and G.H. Yu*, “Reduction of Dislocation Density in HVPE-Grown GaN Epilayers by Using In Situ-Etched Porous Templates”, Journal of Electric Materials, 43, 786-790, (2014)
30. Yanping Sui, Bin Wang, Zhide Zhao, Wei Xu, Xiaoliang Li, Xinzhong Wang, Guanghui Yu* “Facet growth of self-separated GaN layers through HVPE on large square-patterned template” Journal of Crystal Growth 394, pp.11-17,(2014)
31. Yanping Sui, Bin Wang, Zhide Zhao, Wei Xu, Xiaoliang Li, Xinzhong Wang, Guanghui Yu* , Strain distribution across HVPE GaN layer grown on large square‐patterned template studied by micro‐Raman scattering， Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol.43, 2715,( 2014)
32. Bin Wang, Zhide Zhao, WeiXu, Yanpin Sui, Guanghui Yu*, Influence of annealing porous templates in an ammonia atmosphere on gallium nitride growth behaviors in hydride vapor phase epitaxy, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing，27, 541–545,( 2014)
33. Song-ang Peng, Zhi Jin*, Peng Ma, Guang-hui Yu, Jing-yuan Shi, Da-yong Zhang,Jiao Chen, Xin-yu Liu, and Tian-chun Ye，”Heavily p-type doped chemical vapor deposition graphene field-effect transistor with current saturation”，Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 223505, (2013)
34. Y.H. Zhang, Z.Y. Chen, B. Wang, Y.W. Wu, Z. Jin, X.Y. Liu and G.H. Yu*, “Controllable growth of millimeter-size graphene domains on Cu foil”, Mater. Lett. 96, PP 149, (2013)
35. Bin Wang, Yanhui Zhang, Zhiying Chen, Yuanwen Wu, Zhi Jin, Xinyu Liu, Lizhong Hu and Guanghui Yu*, “High quality graphene grown on single-crystal Mo(110) thin films”, Matter. Lett. 93, PP 165, (2013)
36. Yuanwen Wu, Guanghui Yu*, Haomin Wang, Bin Wan, Zhiying Chen, Yanhui Zhang, Bin Wang, Xiaoping Shi, Xiaoming Xie, Zhi Jin and Xinyu Liu, “Synthesis of large-area graphene on molybdenum foils by chemical vapor deposition”, Carbon, 50, PP 5226,( 2012)
37. Yanping Sui, Guanghui Yu, “Effect of Mg Doping on the Photoluminescence of GaN:Mg Films by Radio-Frequency Plasma-Assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy” Chin. Phys. Lett. 28, 067807, (2011)
38. H.F. Lu, G.H. Yu* , C.T. Lin, X.Z. Wang, B. Wang, X.P. Shi, M. Qi and A.Z. Li ，“High quality GaN film overgrown on GaN nanorods array template by HVPE”，Materials Letters，V64（13）, 1490-1492, (2010)
39. X.Z. Wang, G.H. Yu*, C.T. Lin, M.X. Cao,“Effect of nanoporous GaN templates with different pore diameters on the subsequent thick GaN layers by HVPE”，Solid State Communications, V150（3-4）, 168-171,( 2010)
41. Chaotong Lin, Guanghui Yu*, Xinzhong Wang, Mingxia Cao, Haifeng Lu , Hang Gong, Ming Qi, Aizhen Li, Catalyst-free growth of well vertically aligned GaN needlelike nanowires array with low-field electron emission properties, J. Phys. Chem. C, 112, 18821. 2008
42. Xinzhong Wang, Guanghui Yu*, Chaotong Lin, Mingxia Cao, Haifeng Lu, Hang Gong, Ming Qi, Aizhen Li, High-quality thick GaN overgrown on an array of SiO2 nanomasks by HVPE, J. Electrochem. Society, 155, H1000, 2008
43. Chaotong Lin, Guanghui Yu*, Xinzhong Wang, Mingxia Cao, Hang Gong, Ming Qi, and Aizhen Li, Improved GaN film overgrown with a molybdenum nanoisland mask, Appl. Phys. Lett. 93, 031906, 2008
44. Xinzhong Wang, Guanghui Yu*, Chaotong Lin, Mingxia Cao, Hang Gong, Ming Qi, and Aizhen Li, Thick GaN Grown on a Nanoporous GaN Template by Hydride Vapor Phase Epitaxy, Electrochem. Solid-State Lett. 11, H273, 2008
45. Benliang Lei, Guanghui Yu*, Haohua Ye, Sheng Meng, Xinzhong Wang, Chaotong Lin, Ming Qi, Aizhen Li, Gerard Nouet, Pierre Ruterana, Jun Chen，Polarity conversion of hydride vapor phase epitaxy growing GaN via growth interruption modulation, Thin Solid Films 516, 3772–3775. 2008
46. X. Wang, G. Yu*, B. LEI，X. Wang, C. Lin, Y. Sui，S. Meng, M. Qi, and A. Li， Recovery of Dry Etching–Induced Damage in n-GaN by Nitrogen Plasma Treatment at Growth Temperature，Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 36, No. 6,697-701, 2007
47. Benliang Lei, Guanghui Yu*, Haohua Ye, Sheng Meng, Ming Qi, and Aizhen Li，High-Quality GaN Film Grown by HVPE with an Anodized Aluminum Oxide Mask Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters,Vol.9，G242，2006
48. Guanghui Yu*, Benliang Lei, Haohua Ye, Sheng Meng, Ming Qi, Aizhen Li, Pierre Ruterana, Jun Chen, Gérard Nouet，Indium assisted hydride vapor phase epitaxy of GaN film, Journal of Ceramic Processing Research,Vol.7(2),180,2006
49. Chaotong Lin, Guanghui Yu*, Benliang Lei, Haohua Ye，Sheng Meng, Ming Qi, Aizhen Li，The effect of AlN intermediate layer on growing GaN film by hydride vapor phase epitaxy, Rare metals,V25,15-19,2006
50. Xinzhong Wang,Guanghui Yu*, Benliang Lei, Chaotong Lin, Sheng Meng, Ming Qi, Gerard Nouet, Pierre Ruterana, Jun Chen Growth of thick GaN using a tungsten interlayer Rare metals, V25,5-10,2006
51. Xiaolong Wang, Guanghui Yu*, Xinzhong Wang, Chaotong Lin, Benliang Lei, Ming Qi，Fabrication and properties of nanoporous GaN epilayers，Rare metals, V25,11-14,2006