Sept.2003-Aug. 2009 Ph. D. in Condensed Matter Physics, Kent State University, USA
Thesis: The interplay between magnetism and superconductivity in strongly correlated material
Advisor: Prof. Carmen Almasan
Thesis: The Impact of Cr Doping on Jc Behavior of Bi2223/Ag Tapes under Magnetic Field
Advisor: Prof. Jiaju Du
Sept. 1993-Aug.1997 B. S. in Materials Science, Hubei University, Wuhan, China
June.2012-present www.9778.com-威尼斯9778官方网站 (SIMIT), China
l Grapheh/single unit cell Bi2212 heterostructure
l The fluctuation phenomenon in pseudogap phase of cuprates
l The quantum criticalality in superconducting nano-islands/graphehe strucuture
Sept.2010- May.2012 Physics Department, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Physics Department, Kent State University, Kent, OH, USA
Electronic and magnetic phenomena in transition metal oxides
l Iron-based high temperature superconductor
→Study the gap symmetry by torque measurements
→Study magnetic properties under pressure
l Heavy fermion Ce1-xYbxCoIn5
→Study valence fluctuation in Ce1-xYbxCoIn5 by hall effect
l Bi2201 cuprate superconductor
→Study superconductivity above Tc in underdoped Bi2201
Sept.2009-Aug.2010 Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser, Crete, Greece
Nickelate La3Ni2O6 and La4Ni3O8, Isoelectronic with superconducting cuprates
→Study magnetic and electronic transport properties
Iron-based high Tc superconductor CaFe2As2
→Investigate the low energy spin dynamics in CaFe2As2
Sept.2003-Aug. 2009 Physics Department, Kent State University, Kent, OH, USA
La0.7Ca0.3MnO3/YBa2Cu3O7-δ (LCMO/YBCO) heterostructur
→Study the abnormal proximity effect in LCMO/YBCO interface and find it is due to induced triplet superconductivity
arising in LCMO layer.
→Study superconducting surface spin valve in LCMO/YBCO trilayer.
Heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
→Investigate the strongly magnetic fluctuation in the mixed state in CeCoIn5 near quantum critical point.
→Study the electrical transport properties of CeCoIn5 in normal state and two scaling behaviors were identified in the low-field region. These scaling behaviors and other salient features are consistent with d-wave density waves.
Sept.1999-Aug.2001 Institute of Solid State Physics, Hefei, China
Sample preparation, structural characterization and physical property studies of Bi2223/Ag tape.
→Improve critical current (Jc) behavior under magnetic field in Bi1.8Pb0.4Sr2Ca2.2Cu3-xCrxOy/Ag Tapes
NSFC11574338: the study of quantum phase transition and quantum criticality in the two dimensional strongly correlated superconductors
1. T. Hu* , et al., "Universal linear-temperature resistivity: possible quantum diffusion transport in strongly correlated superconductors", Scientific Reports 7, 9469 (2017)
2. Jiang*, D. Hu*, T., et al. "High-Tc superconductivity in ultrathin Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+x down to half-unit-cell thickness by protection with grapheme", Nat. Commun. 5, 5708 (2014).
3. Xiao, H.; Hu, T*.; Zhang, W..; Dai, Y. M.; Luo, H. Q.; Wen, H. H.; Almasan, C. C.; Qiu, X. G. Two distinct superconducting fluctuation diamagnetisms in Bi2Sr2-xLaxCuO6+d Phys. Rev. B 90, 214511 ( 2014).
4. T. Hu, Y. P. Singh, L. Shu, M. Janoschek, M. Dzero, M. B. Maple, Carmen C. Almasan, “Non-Fermi liquid behavior with and without quantum criticality in Ce1-xYbxCoIn5” PNAS 110, 7160 (2013).
5. T. Hu, H. Xiao, T. A. Sayles, M. B. Maple, and C. C. Almasan, "Strong magnetic fluctuations in superconducting state of CeCoIn5", Phys. Rev. Lett 108, 056401 (2012) [Editros’ Suggestions].
6. T. Hu, H. Xiao, P. Gyawali, H. H. Wen, and C. C. Almasan, “Superconductivity in the pseudogap region of Bi2Sr1.4La0.6CuO6+δ from angular-dependent torque measurements”, Phys. Rev. B 85, 134516 (2012).
7. H. Xiao, T. Hu, A. P. Dioguardi, N. Roberts-Warren, A. C. Shockley, J. Crocker, D. M. Nisson, Z. Viskadourakis, Xianyang Tee, I. Radulov, C. C. Almasan, N. J. Curro, C. Panagopoulos, "Evidence for filamentary supercconductivity nucleated at antiferromagnetic domain wall of CaFe2As2 ", Phys. Rev. B 85, 024530 (2012) [Editors’ Suggestions].